SP ESG Leadership Strategies Workshop #2 - By Invitation (VIRTUAL)
In 2022, SP launched a new ESG Leadership Strategies project co-chaired by Bosch and General Motors to provide a venue for focused exploration of evolving ESG challenges and opportunities relative to the automotive sector and supply chain.
The project focuses on environmental issues within the broader ESG context, ensuring a complete understanding of relevant environmental issues but not extending SP's focus beyond environment into purely social or governance aspects of ESG.
In early 2023, SP is launching the next phase of this ESG Leadership Strategies initiative focused on the development of internal-facing, action-oriented ESG leadership tools and strategies to continue to build on the 2022 work.
With the strategic support of T-3 Strategies in collaboration with the existing member co-chairs, this effort will look to explore questions such as:
- how to package the what, why and how of external ESG-related signals / drivers and internal ESG-related goals / commitments into clear, coherent and useable communication;
- how to connect to the who and integrate ESG-related priorities into the rest of the business with clear recognition among key internal functions / stakeholders of their part and how they fit in to the company's ESG strategy;
- how to use tools to get a company's ESG story out and build engagement internally, including storyboards, newsletters, internet, and sustainability councils; and
- what action-oriented toolsets may be able to help suppliers with small staffs.
Intended outputs of this work will focus on industry-driven frameworks and tools to deliver effective ESG-related internal communications and build engagement to address differing perspectives within organizations. In particular, we plan to focus on the interface between the leadership of the organization (Board and C-Suite) and the necessary communications and translations for key internal stakeholders such as finance, procurement, and business unit leadership.
This is the first of three virtual workshops planned for the first half of this year.
- 1st Workshop: April 18, 2PM – 4PM ET
- 2nd Workshop: May 23, 2PM – 4PM ET
- 3rd Workshop, June 29, 2PM – 4PM ET
By Invitation: Available seats are limited and workshop participation is by invitation. The intended audience for this workshop includes manufacturers and individuals primarily involved in supporting sustainability or ESG efforts for their own business. If a participant is in the business of evaluating the activities of or providing sustainability consulting services to others, solicitation of such activities and services is prohibited during this workshop.